Wednesday, June 25, 2008

End Of The Line/Pretending To See The Future

Obviously I,m disappointed at Turkey's defeat in the semi finals of Euro 08 this afternoon,it,s been one hell of a ride and I feel long after Sundays final people will still be talking about Turkey's improbable run to the semis a la the 2002 World Cup when they reached the semi finals also.
Throughout this tournament not only did Turkey represent the"little engine that could"mentallity but they played w/ a desire and passion and above all heart of a lion,that,s what makes them so attractive to me,desire,heart passion,three components I bring in spades to my running,I look forward to Turkey,s World Cup quallifying campaign begining in September......judging from their performances in Euro 08 their opponents won,t!!!!
Following last nites exploits on the track an easy 5 miler was on tap.
Post run GP sat and talked at lenght over the phone for the first time in a few months,I shared my vision for my three year plan to go to Sacramento in 2011 and I hope return a World Champion.
Right now my focus is on Spokane and Spokane only,5th Ave Mile is on the horizon but I can,t begin to focus on that till after the 1,500m final at Nationals but I have to have one eye on Lathi Finland, July 28th marks a year till next years World Masters,a wise man once wrote"the future is as uncertain as it is unwritten"I believe you make/write your own history,for me I hope it,s very much a work in progress,the next chapter is tomorrows 2x1,100m repeats at Franklin Field.

No comments: