Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prayers For Rain

Another day of 90 degree plus heat,another day of putting a track workout on hold,however if the weather forcast is to be believed,rain is on the way to cool things down and w/ any luck tomorrows temps should be back down in the 80s and a trip to Franklin Field for 6x600m repeats should be on.
Granted it,s been a pain the last two days to have to settle for easy 5 mile runs around Clark Park but as I,ve said b4 and probably will do again,adversity presents it,s self in several forms,heatwave,rain storms,track closures,change of rotation,having to deal w/ unsavvy track users etc etc,the key is how you deal w/ it.
Me sitting in the basement for the past two days moaning about the heat advisory that was in effect would be one thing,me altering my schedule and not being so hung up on"it,s Monday I have to on the track for a 6x600m repeat"is another,in running as is in life having a schedule is one thing,being flexible w/ it is another.
I,m hoping after 4 easy 5 milers since Saturday I,m ready to amp things up a few notches tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: