Thursday, June 19, 2008

Trilogy

Apologies for no blog entries Tuesday or Wednesday,Tuesdays easy 5 miler was followed by a quick shower and shave a hurried bite to eat and off out the door to the Camden riverfront to catch Iron Maiden in concert.
Since this is a running blog and not a music blog I,ll keep the Maiden points short and to the point,1 THEY ROCK!!!,2 w/out Iron Maiden there,d be no Kevinrunningfree,sure I,d still have a blog but w/ a different title,and three watching Bruce and the fellas the other nite I was amazed at their energy,here,s a band almost 30 years into it,s career who,s members are in their late 40s early 50s and they still have incredible energy.
After an evening of throwing devil horn salutes and playing a mean air guitar it was home to catch my beloved Boston Celtics capture their first NBA title in 22 years{funny thing their last title came in 86,I moved to America in 87................emm.............}anyways big ups and mad props to boys in green,when they traded for KG and Ray Allen to add to Paul Pierce I though NBA champs in 2 or 3 seasons,Eastern Conference this year NBA Finals next year,NBA Champs the following year...............shows what I know!!!,much celebrating from Beantown to the Barrowlands the home of my beloved Glasgow Celtic,the reason I fell in love w/ the Boston Celtics is that my first ever soccer kit was a Glasgow Celtic kit the same reason why I also root for the San Antonio Spurs after my love of Tottenham Hotspurs.
Wedneday,Happy B,day Hobbes,the old kitty celebrated his 14th b,day yesterday,I,ve had "his nibs"since he was 6 months old I,ve watched him mature from a rambuncious kitten to a mellow cat still prone to the odd mad half hour or so when Cat Nip or Tuna is involved but on the whole he,s a good cat and an even greater companion to me all these years,as my mother loves to point out"not many humans put up w/ you for 14 years"...................thanks mum!!!
Since this is a running blog and not a Hobbes blog.....................I had planned to hit the track for an all to rare 4x1 mile repeat workout,sadly my mile repeats often give way to my race schedule as has been the case over the last 3 weeks however w/ my schedule presenting me w/ a rare Sunday meet I thought I,d take advantage of this tonite and get some mile repeats in..........upon arrival at Franklin Field I was turned away due to some stinkin baseball camp,ger!!!!!so much for the best laid plans of mice and men.
I had to settle for a 5 miler around Clark Park,thanks to my ipod I had some live Iron Maiden to get me well and truly jacked up and each loop saw me throw in some substanstial bursts of speed making sure this was not your run of the mill easy 5 miler,I unleashed a closing 200m kick finish that was Coghlanesque if I do say so myself as the closing bars of "Running Free" helped drive me to the finish.
Thursday an easy 5 miler today,tempted as I was to chance my arm and see if Franklin Field was available I figured I,d stick to my Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun rotation,fingers crossed there,s no baseball camp tomorrow.
My planned NY Trip weekend is still on tap,The Cure Saturday nite at Radio City Music Hall followed by the 800m at Ichan Stadium on Randalls Island in the MAC C,ships Sunday morning, add the ongoing European Championships{GO TURKEY!!!}and the release of the new Coldplay cd it,s been quite the week for me.

No comments: