Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blizzard......

It's been said b4 and will no doubt be repeated again"when you argue w/ Mother Nature she always gets the last word"......
As is my won't all year round I keep an eye on the seven day forecast to see what the weather is doing and see if I need to tweak things to accomadate the weather,a week ago all the weather people were predicting for Tuesday was extreme cold.....no big we went through that two weeks ago,and while I did tweak my repeats to Saturday/Monday to deal w/ that I thought I was golden.....I thought wrong!!
Somewhere over the weekend a major snow storm developed and yesterday everyone in its path felt it's fury!!!

Still no official word on how much snow fell here in Philly,last I heard at 10pm we had 11 inches and it was still falling,so it's safe to say a foot at least.....GREAT!!!!
Needless to say yesterday fell by the wayside,I did prehaps foolishly think I could get out there and run however in the 10 block radius of 40th St to 50th St where the #34 trolley runs above ground on the rare times I could see out the windows I could barely see the sidwalk and thought better of it once I arrived home,one slip and not only could Hartshorne be in jepordy but maybe my whole season so I conceeded defeat and curled up on the recliner upon arriving home.
Frankly having missed one day of training on a race week where my mileage was built around that event I can now kiss goodbye any thoughts of a 30 mile week,the snow has now turned to ice and I'm not about to play "fast and loose" w/ my health or well being just  to say I logged x ammount of miles for the week.

I recall a previous trip up to Ithaca in 09 if memory serves me correctly where I had very little in the way of mileage that week due to the weather so it's nothing new to go into the Hrtshorne Memorial Masters Mile w/ low miles on the clock for the week,my bigger concern now is the bus ride to New York on Friday and then the bus ride from New York to Itacha at lunch time,remind me to pack my St Christopher medal w/ me as he is the patron saint of travellers....

No comments: