Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Little Less Seb Coe,A Little More Rodney Dangerfield?????

Or when is a masters club record not a masters club record?
Easy 7 miler to kick off the week,it's not a calculated plan on my part to slowly ease my way back up to 8 milers but when the first 8 mile run crops up on my schedule(next week}I'll be ready for it after a bunch of 6,6.5 and 7 mile runs out and back along the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Drive.
The calender may say Jan 13th but at 56 degrees it didn't feel like January out there,trust me that's an observation NOT a complaint!!!

I was a little peeved yesterday when I logged onto the Greater Philadelphia Track Club website to see my 1,000m race on Thursday nite at The Armory was not ackowledged as a masters club record,despite the clubs Facebook page announcement prior to the meet that the masters records for 1,000m  was "there for the taking".
Maybe this was an oversight or a "clerical error" on somebodys part or maybe the universe is trying to tell me something......afterall wasn't it Groucho Marx who famously said"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member"?????!!!!!
Having done my part and set the record I don't feel I should have to "brow beat" club officials to acknowledge the fact and yet while the 600m record set Thursday nite and the mile racewalk on Sunday are both not only credited as club records on the reults page they are also on the club records page mine isn't on either.........

No comments: