Friday, January 3, 2014

Snowblind

Shock! Horror!! Probe!!! Forde in "three in a row sensation" film at 11,calling all major News outlets....ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,BBC......feck it call Al Jazeera while you're at it this is Global!!!!!!
Ok so maybe that's a tad OTT but frankly if you can't poke a little fun at yourself then you're in sorry shape I think.
It was always my plan to run anyway but w/ the threat of major snow coming Thursday nite I knew it was kinda "shit or bust" maybe for the week,I can forget about hitting a  track on the weekend for some interval work and we'll have to see how Saturday and Sunday pans out for 6 milers.

I felt it was colder than it had been for the last two days in the short 2 block walk from the trolley to my front door on the way home from work and opted for the added layer of a heavy duty hoodie for my run....it would prove to be prudent later on into said run.
So another 6 miler.....and yes for those paying closer attention to detail that's 3x6 miles in three days.....666........what can I say other than if the snow hadn't been on the forcast maybe Van Halen's "Running W/ The Devil" of Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" might have graced this entry......playing Devils Advocate or in my case Devils Associate I dare say both will show up in future blog entries.....cue Devil Horn salute from yours truly!!!!

I could've sworn I set out at the same time I set out on Tuesday{4.20pm} but it felt and looked a lot darker b4 I made the turnaround at Lloyd Hall,at 5pm on the nose trusty Peco Tower switched on.....and confimed it was 30 degrees a considerable drop in temps over the past two days,as is my won't Friday is a rest day and depending how badly it snows if I run Saturday it'll be 29 degs......yea,these are the days being endorsed by Johnny Walker or Jamisons don't sound like a bad thing but failing that the prospect of some hot Cider at the finish of my run kept me going.....which is a good thing cos the idiot building plumbers chose today as the day to look at the heat and upon arrival home there was no heat or hot water in my appartment.......and suddenly the third firey ring of hell seemed like a good spot to be!!!

I awoke this morning to a blanket of 6'' of snow.....GREAT!!! but compared to runners in the mid west and New York and Boston we've gotten off lightly so maybe I should count my blessings,I'll play it by ear tomorrow and see if a run is doable,the cold I can deal w/ it's the conditions underfoot that concern me,Sunday is meant to be 46 degrees so that shows promise and potential but I guess we'll be taking it one day at a time for the next few days......just as I began to build some momentum.....ger!!!!

No comments: