Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wind Of Change

17 degrees.....I laugh at you!!! having ran three weeks ago in 13 degrees I said anything warmer than that would mean I had no excuse not to run and frankly having ran in single digit temps on Sunday morning I didn't see any reason not to get out there yestereday evening for a second eight miler even if I looked like something out of the "Ted Kazinski Unibomber 10k Run" all that was missing was a back pack!!!
Having taken care of business on Monday lunchtime over 8 miles I didn't forsee any issues going back to back w/ 8 miles,as much as I want to hit the track for speed work I figured w/ 15 inches of snow last week the track at Temple wasn't an option right now,w/ the track and field program no more at Temple I can't imagine a groundsman muchless groundscrew out there shoveling and sweeping the snow off the track and I'm buggered if I'm going to Home Depot to buy a stiff broom to sweep it.....I'll take my chances that come Saturday if it's not clear its at least usable for 5x1,000m repeats.

Having slowly been working my way back upto  8 milers w/ 6.5 and 7 mile runs of late the extra mile hasn't proven an issue,I won't lie I felt a little leg weary over the closing mile on Monday but last nite I felt much stronger,graned in 17 degree temps you don't want to be hanging around but the fact I shaved 4 minutes off of Mondays time does indicate feeling stronger.....granted it was Shakespeare who famously said"one swallow does not a summers make" but hopefully whenever I next tackle the mile either next Friday at Penn State or more likely at The Armory on Feb 27th I won't fade away over the second half of the race.....and just the mention of Summer gives me warm fuzzies all over!!!!!!!

No comments: