Monday, January 20, 2014

Ride The Wind

It is said "the devil is in the details"  so maybe it's a good job I pay attention to the details.
When I first heard the weekend weather forecast it looked like Sunday would be the better of the two days to hit Temple to get  my 4x300x200x300m repeats in......however looking ahead to the coming weeks seven day forecast it stated after Mondays 42 degrees anohe bout of Arctic winds were coming into the region from the North Pole no less....#friggingfreezing
So w/ that in mind I opted to make Saturday and Monday my day for repeats in 36 degree and 42 degree temps rather than Sunday and Tuesday in 42 degree/22 degree temps.

Over to Temple by 1.25pm the sun may've been out but it was a brisk one,as someone who is cursed w/ poor circulation to begin w/ I had to opt for thin knit gloves beneath my running gloves and for once I kept my warm up bottoms on over my running tights,one of the drawbacks of outdoor training in the winter is having to dress in layers,if that's what it takes to get the workout in then sobeit.
Following my 6 lap warm up......warm being the operative word here I ready myself for round two of 4x300x200x300m repeats and hoped to improve on last Sundays debut......
55.2-35.3-54.9
55.6-35.0-54.7
54.9-35.2-55.3
55.1-35.7-54.0
Give or take there was a 5 second  improvement on last Sundays overall times which was quite pleasing given the wind I had to contend w/ out on the track at lunchtime but once the repeats were in the bag and I concluded my 6 lap cool down I felt more than happy w/ the job I'd done,fingers crossed Mondays 6x600m repeats will be an improvment on Wednesday debut,and after that it'll be time to brace for the Northwinds..

No comments: