Thursday, January 2, 2014

In W/ The New....

Just as I ended the old year w/ a 6 miler i began 2014 w/ another 6 miler.....start as you mean to go on they say!!!
As for Tuesdays 6 miler it should be noted in the "Hall Of Shame" this was my first evening run since Nov 6th.......tsk tsk,bad runner,shame shame!!!! moving forward w/ Indoor Nationals 10 weeks away I need to get used to the evening runs again,glass half empty it's oficially Winter now.....glass half full since Dec 21st and Winter Solstice the evenings are getting lighter.....ever so slightly so maybe by the end of the month I'll be home b4 the last vestige of daylight fades into the dark.

Always keen to kick the New Year off on a positive note I made sure to get myself out the door yesterday afternoon for my 6 miler,not being a drinker for the past 25 years I'm not nursing a major hangover New Years Day which helps and while it was 3.30pm b4 I braved the not so harsh temps {39 degs same as Tues}outside I can take heart from the fact I got dressed and got myself out the door,less than a week ago I may've blown it off......less than a week my desire to "throw  down" was AWOL now it's very much "front & center".
Another positive to take from yesterday while my 6 miler may not've been Prefontaineesque I at least finished it,last New Years Day I struggled to complete 2 miles around Clark Park....."from little acorns big trees grow" so they say!!

So what of this bright shiny new year? at this stage of the game I'm only looking as far as mid March and Indoor Nationals,after that I'll begin to plan out my Outdoor season but for now my tentitive schedule reads as follows:
Jan 9th 1,000m and 2 Miles
Jan 25th Mile
Feb 4th 800m
Feb 27th Mile
Feb 28th 800m
Mar 15th Mile
Mar 16th 800m

The chance to run 1,000m next Thursday is unique....of course when I would have prefered a mile I don't get one but I'll go all out in the 1,000m and then run the 2 miles for strenght work since there'll be time to kill b4 the bus back to Philly.
To quote my beloved Thin Lizzy "Are you ready to rock? are you ready to rip it up?"

No comments: