Tuesday, January 21, 2014

In The Lap Of The Gods

If I'm being honest I'd have prefered another day b4 launching back into repeats but since the Weather Gods and Running Gods are on seperate pages{some might say they're in completly different books!!!} I had little or no choice but to return to Temple 2 days after my 4x300x200x300m repeats to have at it over 6x600m.

I arrived at Temple by 3.50pm....it's becoming somewhat redundant to say it was almost deserted but it was,conditions were grey but not as cold and windy as Saturday which meant losing my gloves and warm up pants following my mile warm up,while not expecting or even looking at a Quantum Leap from last Wednesdays times some improvement would be a reward.....

#1 600m
1.14-37-1.51.1
And somewhere in the background Whitesnake are singing "Here I Go Again"
At the time I didn't read too much into having to swing wide into lane 3 b4 200m to avoid a pair of "Junior Olympians" in lanes 1 and 2......however.....

#2 600m
1.18-38-1.56.2
To be  totally honest at this stage of the game if I could hold this pace throughout all six 600's I'd be more than happy but at two repeats into this particular form of torture/repeat that's wishful thinking,hopefully in a few weeks time it'll become reality

#3 600m
1.19-40-1.59.0
Again I was forced into lane 3 to avoid the "Junior Olympians" after 120m,while they have as much right to the track as anybody maybe they need to learn track etiquette and not jog in lane 1 when other runners are trying to run fast

#4 600m
1.18-40-1.58.5
The wheels fell off on #4 last week but it was a seperate set of wheel that helped me today....
"Bike Boy" decided riding his BMX on the track was a "good idea" and seemed to take great exception to this old relic outrunning him around the bottom turn between 200m and 300m

#5 600m
1.23-42-2.05.3
Clunk! the sound of my wheels falling off,but if I eeked out an extra sub 2.00 600m today then that's progress and this early on into my repeats I'll take any or all positives I can

#6 600m
1.22-41-2.03.5
While it's still somewhat of a kick in the teeth to be running over 2.00 for 600s at least I didn't "mail it in" on #6 today and tried to floor it to finish off on a strong note.

On initial observation I thought I'd improved on Wednesdays collective splits....however upon closer inspection I discoverd my times to be slower by 2 seconds......the 2 seconds I lost swinging out into lane 3 on repeats #1 and #3....
That said I did at least get 4 of the 6 repeats at sub 2.00 so that's a positive note to end on and it'll have to keep me going till next Tuesday or Wednesday when I resume repeats.
In the space of nine days I've logged  four repeats on top of my season opening 1,000m race at The Armory so in terms of speed work I've done all I can prior to Saturdays Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile,the rest is very much in  "The Lap Of The Gods"......

No comments: