Monday, January 20, 2014

Shake A Leg


Following Saturdays 4x300x200x300m repeats I just needed to knock out a easy 6 miler to round out a third 5 day/30 mile mile week in three weeks.
Following the 8.30am Swansea Spurs game I was more than awake to face the run,stretched,dressed and out the door by 10.45am,not sure what the exact temps were but probably a little warmer than the 36 degrees I conducted my repeats in the previous lunchtime.

There were a few dozen hardy souls out there along the Schuylkill Banks as I made my way down to Lloyd Hall for the turning point of my 6 miler,having recently thrown in 6.5 and 7 milers to round out my weekly 30 mile target it felt like a mild "cheat" to be turning at Lloyd Hall and heading back down the Schuylkill Banks towards South St bridge.....If I felt any guilt over that {I didn't!!} I would have ample opportunity to make up for it on Tuesday and Wednesday when I'll be running out to the mile marker for my four mile turnaround for my two 8 mile runs.....in 20 degree temps no less but having already ran a 6.5 miler in 13 degrees I have no excuse not to run

No comments: