Tuesday, January 7, 2014

You Better Run

Always good to get the week off to a positive start any week but w/ a race coming up on Thursday even more so yesterday.
Thankfully most if not all the snow and ice from Tursday nite is now gone thanks in no small part to the rain on Sunday which made life  a lot less of a gamble underfoot as I conducted my 6.5 miler out to the end of Boathouse Row at the start of Kelly Drive.
Why the extra .5 you ask? since I like round figures{insert joke/rude comment here!} I set my week up as such Mon 6.5miles,Tuesday 6.5 miles,Wed rest day,Thurs 5 miles{warm up,1,000m,2miles,cool down,Fri rest day,Sat 6 miles/repeats,Sun 6 miles......30 miles.....
Tuesday promises to be a doozie w/ temps well below freezing and the wind chill factor making it feel like minus 20 degrees but w/ little or no room for manouvering due to Thursdays race schedule I'm forced to either suck it up or blow it off......not much of a choice really but such are the drawbacks of wanting to be the best at what I do.
Little by little I feel I'm getting there it was noticable last nite and Saturday afternoon that I'm "letting the clutch out" on the downhills always a good sign,I really couldn't on Sunday due to the sheets of ice underfoot,it would be foolish to tempt fate which might be the get out clause this evening around 4.20pm when I plan another 6.5 miler.....all this providing I'm not a friggin popsicle after 9 hours stuck on a loading dock at work!!!!

No comments: