Friday, January 17, 2014

Seven

Another seven miler to keep me on pace for a third 5 day/30 mile week and also a chance to expell any lingering crap in my legs from Wednesdays repeats.
In keeping w/ recent days the temps were unseasonably warmer than the average for this time of year,39 degrees yesterday which worked for me,sadly that litle respite in the weather is about to end,Saturdays proposed 4x300x200x300m repeats look like they'll be conducted in bordeline freezing conditions{yea!!!} and then Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday are right now all well below freezing and having gotten out last Tuesday in 13 degree temps I have little or no excuse NOT to be out there in 20/22 degree temps!!!

Renewed my USATF membership yesterday,last year I baulked on signing up as I kind of knew I wouldn't be heading to Maryland or Olathe for Indoor or Outdoor Nationals so the fact I signed up for 2014 means I should be heading to Boston and  Winston Salem this year.....if nothing else my mothers fridge magnet collection should improve by two and hopefully my National Championship medal collection!!!

Having already booked my round trip bus trip to Ithaca for next weekends Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile i made sure to take care of my round trip to bus ticket to New York for the weekend,ever the Boy Scout{Dib Dib Dib!!!} it's one less thing to worry about so I can focus all my energies on running the race next Saturday,and hopefully Saturday lunch time will see me tackle another set of repeats.....

No comments: