Friday, January 31, 2014

Order Of The Black

Ah Pay Day,how do I love thee?let me count the ways!!!
Yes folks that most sacred of days has arrived and w/ it the knowledge that not only can I pay the rent to keep a roof over my head for another month but also afford groceries to provide substanence over the new fortnite till Pay Day swings around again,not sure about it's good to be the king"  but not being destitute sure feels pretty darn good!!!
Right on time I hit trusty Eastbay's Outlet section for a new pair of running shoes as I'm close to 400 miles on my present pair so it was omni important to get a new pair.
As is my won't I ordered some new music to keep the "savage beast" at peace,the first Black Label Society dvd "Boozed,Broozed & Broken Boned" and a Black Sabbath cd "Reunion",what can I say I like my tunes to have a bit of edge and bite to them!!!

Having exercised my option to take a rest day on Wednesday it was back at it yesterday w/ another 8 miler,in almost tropical conditions at 27 degrees compared to the balmy 17 degrees of Tuesday I was out the door around 4.20pm,......just what was the orange ball in the sky???the sun you say!....WOW!!!
In a short space of time I've felt the difference in returning to 8 milers,at first I thought I was imagining it when I ran on Tuesday but the fact I took 4 mins off of Mondays time did point to that and again yesterday I felt stronger and on top of shaving another minute off my time I haven't felt as strong at the end of a run for a while......lets hope this transfers its self to fast times on the track when the final three pre Indoor Nationals races arrive,i have an 800m at The Armory on Tuesday nite b4 the deadline for entries on Feb 21st and then back to back races over the mile and 800m on Feb 27th and 28th also at The Armory,I'd like to think the 4.57.1 I ran last Saturday will be a distant memory even though it looks like I may have to use it as my seed time as it's my most recent mile time,my only other time is from Bloomington two years ago at Indoor Nationals at 4.42.4 and frankly thats as misleading as the 4.57.1 so I fear I'm "damned if Ido,damned if I don't"

One final footnote{not a play on words re my new shoes.....honest!}I wanted to mention this two weeks ago in a blog entry but due to "Gremlins" I lost my original draft and it didn't make my rewrite but the evenings are starting to get lighter,case in point even at 8 miles last nite I began at 4.19pm and by the time I finished it was still daylight albeit only just but the fact is we're half way through winter{you wouldn't know it from the recent Arctic Vortex but take my word for it!} so hopefully w/ the shortest month on the calender about to begin we're moving ever so closely to Spring......has a beautiful ring to it don't you agree??

No comments: