Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Is The Seventh Wave

What a difference a day makes,kill mode at work had been replaced by kind mode and I was able to get my workout in b4 sundown since there are no jobsworths on duty at Clark Park telling you when you can or cannot run.
GP had emailed me w/ his thoughts,feelings and observations on last nites repeat session,the thought I came away w/ most of all was his surfing analogy,how a repeat not quite going to plan is like getting knocked off your surf board,you get back up and try again,if that wave knocks you off you get back up and you keep on getting back up till you eventually surf your way into calmier waters,it,s a simple analogy but an effective one.
As for todays workout it was a fartlek run 4 miles, easy opening mile and a half, a mile and a half of short bursts of speed followed by a easy mile.Dispite snow flakes begining to settle on the ground just b4 5pm I got myself over to Clark Park to get the workout in,w/ a rest day tomorrow and an easy day Friday this was my last chance to push it a little b4 my weekend of back to back meets.
The mile and a half of short bursts of speed was fun,I,d earmarked 5 points on the loop where I,d pick up the pace for 10 seconds and work on my knee lift and leg turnover,it felt good to do that again and soon I hope that knee lift and leg turnover will return full blast to my workouts,all in good time.
As much as I,d like to run tomorrow I feel I,ll benefit from a days rest,who knows maybe even a early nite since I,ve been up till 11pm/11.30pm the past two nites posting my blog,the seventh wave is about to take me to bed,sweet dreams

No comments: