Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tigers Waiting To Be Tamed

Opted against going out to St Joes again today to try and nail this so far elusive 4x 600m-200m repeat,to do it today would mean switching up my rotation for the upcoming week where as if I went for an easy run today I could.....in theory at least go hard Mon,Wed,Fri.....like I said it sounds good in theory but I know too well that theory and practise is often a horse of a different colour.
Once again said easy three miler{6x Clark Park}was conducted sans stop watch but w/ ipod as I try to disprove the myth that "you can tell an Irishman anything......but you can,t tell him much"!!!!Coldplay provided my musical sound track for the morning and gave me much pause for thought.
"God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" I,ve been so greatful to get back into training this week,it hasn,t always gone to plan but the fact I,ve been able to conduct six days of training and log some miles has been quite a blessing.
"Fix You"It shouldn,t be overlooked that I,m still recovering from a stress fracture,while much of my focus this week has been on getting out there I can,t under sell the fact that my foot is still healing and I need to be as mindfull of that as I am of a return to speed,strenght and stamina.
"The Hardest Part"Accepting that I,m all the way down at the bottom of the laddder and that it,s going to take time to work my way back,ego and pride will need to be kept in check as I slog through the opening weeks of training.
"Clocks"NOT for the obvious reasons you might think,yes you could make a reference to Mondays slow 3,000m and Tuesdays unwise timed 3 miler,but I threw "Clocks"into the mix because of the"Tigers waiting to be tamed"line.
Dispite it not always going to plan this week I,m glad to have gotten through it,let,s see what my second week has in store for me?

No comments: