Monday, February 11, 2008

That,s So Unexpexcted

We all know the old joke"a funny thing happened on the way to.........."well that,s kind of how my day started.
A brisk day was on tap from the time I rolled out of bed and I knew last weeks unseasonably warm temps were about to be replaced by more traditional early February conditions but for a brief moment today I was able to bask in the warm afterglow of the news that I,ve been nominated for National Master Track Athlete Of The Year.
......I think it was Kate Bush who said it best when she sang"wow,wow,wow,unbelievable"if my Mid Atlantic Masters Track Athlete Of The Year Award had been somewhat expected this really came out of left field and saying I,m honoured is putting it mildly.I,m not sure who I,m nominated against or even when the final decision will be announced but if I win or if I don,t it,s another remarkable achievement based on last years phenomenal season.
Like I said in that brief moment I was able to feel a warm glow which was about the only time all day I was able to feel warm,jaysus it was cold out there today,so cold in fact GP told me to switch my track workout for 3 miles around Clark Park,when a guy who spends as much time as he does surfing says it,s cold then you know the ber factor is up there.
I conducted my brisk 6 laps around Clark Park by 5pm while it was still light,by lap three the feeling began to return to my finger tips as I got my groove on to a live Alarm cd I,d downloaded onto the ipod a few weeks back.There was always something quiet magical about The Alarm live,great passion,overflowing w/ emotion just what I needed to get through my coldest training day this winter,time will tell regarding the National Master Track Athlete Of The Year if I,m"Marching On"

No comments: