Monday, February 4, 2008

Onto the Next Challenge

W/ Millrose over I can now begin to look at a bigger landscape even though "technically"I,m only meant to be doing pool running and stationary bike training till next Thursday,time it has been said waits for no one and to that end I need to try and regain the three S,s Speed,Strenght and Stamina and soon.
First up in three weeks time is a double header,Eastern Regionals on Feb 23rd followed by New Jersey C,ships the following day,the plan was prior to Friday the mile at Eastern Regionals and the 800m at New Jersey however the lure of that Masters Invitational 3,000m in Oregon in July during the Olympic Trials has gotten me thinking that maybe I,ll run the 3,000m and 800m at Indoor Nationals in Boston at the end of March in the hopes that I,ll run a fast 3,000m time there and dramatically improve my current pr from 9.38.35. and boost my chances of an invite.
W/ that in mind I set off at lunch time for my final workout during the day time as I,m returning to work tomorrow after almost seven weeks off due to my stress fracture.While I,m not giddy w/ antisipation about returning to the work force it is time and also it,ll help get me back into a routine,work,training,blog,sleep,repeat.
Having floated the notion of the indoor 3,000m to GP prior to my workout but as of lunch time not having heard back from him I opted for a straight out 3,000m,there,ll be time enough for repeat workouts over the coming weeks today was just about putting in the distance.
I had no preconcieved ideas re:splits,pace etc just grind out a 3,000m and go from there,I was under no illusions as to how ugly it would be and to that end can,t say I,m horrorfied by my slow lap times,1.31@400m,3.11@800m,4.56@1,200m,6.38@1,600,8something @2,000m,10.22@2,400m12.08@2,800m and 12.47.41.@3,000m
Far from earth shattering I know but I,m still working my way back to fitness,on the walk home I figured out there was 22 weeks till the Masters Invitational in Oregon so ample time to lower todays starting mark,however in order to get myself into contention for a decent Indoor Nationals 3,000m time I,ve only got 8 weeks and the clock is already ticking,I would guess tomorrow will be an easy 3 mile recovery run followed on Wed by either a set of repeat workouts or another 3,000m on the track this time at 6pm not 11.30am,reality is starting to creep back into my day to day exsistance and while I may outwardly seem to shun it not too far below the surface I,m openly embracing the fact that normality is returning,we,ll see how soon todays 12.47.41 starts moving towards 9.35.

No comments: