Monday, February 25, 2008

Infected Mushroom

The prospect of a 7 miler was never an issue,the prospect of having to do it via 14 loops of Clark Park was but then my team mate Ray stepped in w/ a unique cd to help get me through it.
On the ride home from Landover Ray asked if liked techno music,I,m not a big fan but listening to "Vicious Delicious" by Infected Mushroom I must confess what I heard I liked so Ray said borrow it,download it onto your ipod.
What,s interesting about Infected Mushroom is they,re from Isreal,Ray travels to Isreal for work quite a bit and heard the cd,who knew there was such a thing as Isrealie techno?,of course I kidded Ray about having visions of him getting his groove on in nite clubs in Isreal on his trips there but frankly when you can blister the 200m and 400m like Ray can we should all be getting jiggy to "Vicious Delicious"!!!
W/ said cd downloaded to my ipod I made my way to Clark Park,it was a nice change of pace not to be bundled upto the nines for a run and dispite the mind numbing prospect of 14 loops of Clark Park I set the tone early on,track one of the cd is"Becoming Insane"...I kid you not but it helped get me on my way.
By lap 9 and again on lap 12 the "mushroom" effect was begining to wane a little more so from a mental aspect not the physical side,I needed something to lift me,just getting through this workout would be enough,the prospect of seeing Kate Voegele at World Cafe Live tomorrow helped and then the memory of Spurs skipper Ledley King leading the Lillywhites up the steps at Wembley to hoist the Carling Cup aloft.....to quote Flavor Flav of Public Enemy...."yeah boy!!!"and suddenly lap 14 had been compleated.
Last week I put in 19 miles,22.5 the week b4 and w/ no meets this week I,m curious to see what kind of milage I,ll log but after this weekends races I realize what I need is to increase my speed,tomorrow,s a 3x1,200m repeat at Franklin Field let,s hope it,s another piece of the puzzle.

No comments: