Thursday, February 14, 2008

95%

After mother nature had scuppered any hopes of any kind of a workout on Tuesday I was anxious to get out there in some shape or form on Wednedsday,I settled for an easy 3 miler around Clark Park following my final appointment w/ Ira.
The good news is my stress fracture is 95% healed,I,ve been saying to people for the past week who,ve asked me about it that it feels better than it did but it wasn,t 100% so at least I know now that that,s not just wishful thinking on my part it,s almost healed compleatly,Dec 19th seems a long way back but to have the all clear to get back into my training{even if I have been training "unofficially" for the past four weeks!!!}is a huge boost and not just for my conscience!!!
I got an early test on how my foot was when I hot footed it from Ira,s office to nearby Bethayers in eight minutes to catch the 3.30pm R3 back to Philly,trust me standing around till 4.24pm for the next R3 when it,s this cold and damp is not an option.....plus it was good to see if the old fast twitch muscles would respond when called upon!!!!
The real running for the day took place once I got home,since mother nature couldn,t make up her mind as to what she wanted to do I opted for Clark Park rather than Franklin Field,a prudent move as three laps in it began to rain turning heavy going into even heavier going,at least my 6 cross country races last year helped

No comments: