Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When Haywards Field Might As Well Be Haywards Heath

I realize only two people I know who read my blog will get the title but that,s ok,it,ll be an in joke between me,GP and Jules.
On a day that saw my delicate system shocked into returning to work I also made a return to 3 mile runs around Clark Park,more often than not an easy day after a repeat workout but since yesterday was a straight up 3,000m run......in theory if not in time then today would be a harder than usual 3 miler.
It felt good to be doing the rounds on the lower half of Clark Park again after an eight week layoff and felt even better that I was able to get said run in b4 dusk,glass half full on my recent stress fracture induced layoff I,ve missed seven weeks of winter weather,glass half empty I feel like I,m just starting out my season.
I had no preconcieved ideas about splits or overall time,just crank out six laps as best I could,3.46 for lap 1,7.50 for lap 2 and 11.44 for lap 3,23.28 pace.I was feeling the effects of my recent lay off and will continue to for the next week or two but each day I can get out there I,ll get a little bit stronger and a little bit faster.
Can,t recall my 4th lap split,one of these days I,ll get a stop watch that recalls splits,if I weren,t so busy criss crossing the country for races and meets I could stump up for one,all in good time.19.46 at lap 5 time to crank it up if I could,something vaguely resembling knee lift and leg turn over tried to kick in rounding the bottom turn and while it wasn,t my tried and trusty kick finish it,s reasuring to know those qualities are lurking just below the surface,another week or so.
23.29.59,just off the projected 23.28 time my half way split hinted at,again far from earth shattering but I,ll keep working at it and working at it till the three S,s return.
W/ repeat workout in hand for tomorrow it,s back to Franklin Field for some speed work,the Eastern Regional/NJ C,ship back to back weekend is only 17 days off,sooner rather than later I,m hoping for warp speed captain not the current warped speed I,m churning out.....way to go get the Star Trek bloggers on board!!!!!!!

No comments: