Sunday, February 10, 2008

Neither Dublin Or Doubling

Following a day of cross training it was up and at it first thing on a Saturday morning,I can,t recall the last time I laced them up on a Saturday morning to do the rounds around Clark Park but that bleary eyed just woke up feeling seemed the same as usual.
I opted for Staind as my musical choice to help me conduct my easy 2 miles,felt there,d be just enough edge to their music and lyrics to get me going w/out launching into a full blown all out tiger attack.
Ironic that on the first Staind track"It,s Been Awhile" the lyrics"but everything I can,t remember,as @#$^ed up as it always seems,the consequences that I,ve rendered I,ve stretched myself beyond my means" came across loud and clear in my ipod ear buds,had I not stretched myself beyond my means on Tueday I wouldn,t be looking at pulling double duty today,oh well consequences I,ve rendered you could say.
Easy 2 miler taken care of it was home to a cup of coffee,oj and yogurt and some footie to wile away the hours till my track workout,took great joy in watching my beloved SPURS beat Derby 3.0 away and continue the Juande Ramos revival.
Off to Franklin Field to reattempt my 4 sets of 600m-200m repeats,uh oh!!!a lacrosse game meaning no access to the track.....bugger!!!
After some quick on my feet thinking I opted to swing by the track at St Joes after I,d taken care of my domestic list of to do chores first in the hopes of still getting this repeat session in..........HOWEVER upon my arrival at St Joes I was informed by the security guard I couldn,t use the track while the womens soccer team were practising on the infield.
This all goes back to Tuesday and my unwise decision to try lamping a 3 miler but like a wise man once told me"you can do anything you want in this life.......you just have to be prepared to pay the price that goes w/ it"
So there you have it a blog entry containing the profane and the profound a yahboo sucks to those who think I,m only as deep as a puddle,I prefer to think of myself more akin to Doctor Who,s Tardis,not much to look at from the outside but once inside you,re amazed by what,s on offer.

No comments: