Friday, February 29, 2008

Three Cheers For The {Not So}Fighting Irish

Bit of a weird one today,that whole Feb 29th thing to begin w/ coupled w/ the culmination of "the week from hell",if Monday through Thursday had seen me getting tarred and feathered then today was the 16 pound sledge hammers getting broken out as work went in for the kill.
W/out getting too caught up in all the work crap....that,s what it is at the end of the day crap I,m proud of the fact througout all the lows this week I somehow kept a lid on my volatile emotions,no mean feat when you,re as "celtic cursed" as I am,it must be in my paddy dna to get angry but somehow right royal rollockings were strangely absent from the loading dock all week,maybe I was just too tired to get angry,maybe I,m tired of gettting angry,maybe I,m tired of the masses expecting a firework show when things go pear shaped,or maybe I should keep listening to Kate Voegele and Missy Higgins on my ipod.
Which leads me to my running{finally this after all a running blog!!!}GP said he wanted a 5 miler,an easy mile and a half to open, half a mile of striders,2 miles of fartlek and a mile cool down,for this I needed something w/ some omphf on my ipod,Linkin Park seldom let me down,there,s enough angst and anger to get me firing on all cylinders but some hints of subtlety to soothe even the most savage celtic pagan so that I don,t go off half cocked,I shanked one workout this week I could ill afford to blow this one.
I,ve got to say by workouts end I was pretty pleased w/ my afternoons work,where I,d been somewhat conservative in my pick ups last week on the fartlek section today I was managing a good 10 to 12 per loop at 5 second intervals which I think is what GP had in mind when he set this workout,if Wednesday had seen me leave Franklin Field beaten today I left Clark Park beaming,20 miles for the week w/ a 5 miler on tap tomorrow morning b4 attending the PACTC lunch to pick up my Male Runner Of The Year award.

No comments: