Sunday, February 17, 2008

Strange Phenomena

It,s been a week of strange firsts,my first 5 day work week since the first week of November and if that wasn,t enough I went in for half a day on Saturday which lead to my 3 miler around Clark Park at 3pm.
I,d have prefered to have ran first thing in the morning,it,s not so much a case of getting it over and done w/ more being able to get on w/ the day w/ the knowledge that it,s taken care of but unlike Spring,Summer or Fall the whole natural daylighting issue threw up logistical barriers that I,d rather not tackle,it,d be just my dumb luck to trip and fall in the dark and throw another injury into the mix just as I,m recovering from my stress fracture.
Of course a mid afternoon workout means factoring in the whole lunch/no lunch issue,I know,I know,running should come w/ a slogan like"Running a simple matter for complicated people"when you think about it how hard is it to put one foot in front of the other and keep on repeating the process? but as runners we all know it,s so much more than that,if it were that easy everybody would be out there doing it!!!
The run it,s self passed by w/out any drama or trauma,not only did it feel weird to be out running in the middle of the afternnon but also to have to dig out my sunglasses to combat whatever that big orange ball in the sky was too.Job done it was an easy afternoon on tap as I ready myself for tomorrow mornings track workout.

No comments: