Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Return Of The Glory Glory Nights

At long last this week a chance to get to the track for a much needed repeat session after three days of crap weather.
After a self inflicted wound last Tuesday cost me my first repeat workout the following day and sheer bad luck cost me again on Saturday I was keen as mustard this evening to get this one in.
The first sign things are getting better was the fact I could do a mile warm,that may not sound like a big deal but prior to my stress fracture a mile warm up and mile cool down was standard practice leading upto Millrose and last week the best I could manage was 800m so it would seem my strenght and stamina are coming back.....I just need to work on my speed.........................
Granted tonite I was well down on my 400m and 600m target times but the fact I was able to complete all four sets was a huge boost to my confidence.
Repeat#1 1.25 at 400m 2.10.01 for 600m followed by a 34.45 200m,not earth shattering but last week my opening repeat went 1.21,2.05,34.94,#2 1.25,2.09.90 w/ a 31.85 200m
Unlike last week when the wheels flew off after #2 I had the strenght to continue tonite,1.28 2.13.81 and 33.18 for my 200m.Final repeat,1.25,2.11.59 and my fastest 200m of the nite 31.
54 clearly a sign that I can summon up the will at the end of my workout now if i can just work on the opening and middle!!!
Following a slow but satisfying mile cool down I made my way home beaming w/ the knowledge I,d made a significant start to my repeats,I know I,ve still got a long way to go but I feel tonite could be the spring board to getting me back to where I was pre stress fracture,granted one swallow does not a summer make......yeah I wasn,t affraid to go there but all journys have to start somewhere and hopefully tonite was the begining for me.
On a day that saw yet another in a long line of unmemorable Valentine,s Days I took solice from the fact that while I may not,ve enjoyed love in the traditional sense I got to indulge in the 4 things I love most of all,running,music{mad props to Colourbox,Public Enemy w/ Anthrex and Kid Rock for getting me pumped on the way to Franklin Field and Judas Priest,how could I resist "Judas Is Rising" and Iron Maiden for making the long walk home afterwards less painful}Spurs winning in a UEFA Cup tie and writing about it in my blog......take that cupid....you chubby little cherub!!!

No comments: