Friday, February 15, 2008

Mellow Jam

Following last nites repeat workout today was a recovery run,GP suggested an easy 5 miler which was 2 miles more than I would,ve planned for myself but I,m happy to increase my weekly milage,by weeks end I,m looking at being over 20 miles which isn,t alot but during the summer my weekly milage was usually 25 miles so to be at 20 miles in week two of my return to training isn,t too shabby.
GP also strongly recomended "no Judas Priest"on my ipod while doing the rounds at Clark Park,he needn,t have worried I don,t think I could,ve cranked up the pace even if I wanted to but b4 the end of todays 5 miler I was greatful for that soreness in my legs from yesterday it meant I,d pushed myself and I,ll take that kind of soreness anytime.
Conditions underfoot were much easier than Wednesday which was just as well given not only was I stepping up an extra 2 miles but also I hadn,t ran more than 3 miles since Dec 9th,I,m pleased to say I came through todays challenge w/out any problems,tomorrow will see me drop back down to 3 miles as I attempt to tweek my threshold level going into Sundays track workout.
My final thought comes from a Moody Blues lyric{Moody Blues were my musical choice for todays run}in the song"Story In Your Eyes""Listen to the tide slowly turning,wash all our heartaches away,we,re part of the fire that is burning and from the ashes we will see another day"
I,m looking forward to another day.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Lay off the Judas Priest... I heartily concur with that bit of advice!!!