Thursday, February 28, 2008

That,s Why I Have A Coach

Following yesterdays hugely frustrating repeat session I had doubts about even running at all today,my legs which had failed me so badly last nite felt like two lead weights from the time I woke up,it took a couple of hours of walking at work for them to begin to loosen up but coupled w/ below freezing temps I couldn,t see getting out there this afternoon.........................GP had other ideas!!!!!!
The long and the short of it was he felt I needed to suck it up,bundle up, grab my ipod and get myself over to Clark Park and run 4 miles,I had no problem w/ that afterall isn,t that the point of having a coach?
It,s all well and good been patted on the back and being told well done by your coach but once in a while you need to be kicked in the rear effectivly that was what GP,s email was and I had no problem w/ it,I,m sure there were times Jumbo Elliott had to crack the whip w/ Eamonn and to GP,s credit after I said I,d run the 4 miles he emailed me back to say I should be greatful Spurs hadn,t beaten Chelsea 5.0 or I,d be doing 10 miles!!!!
I,m glad I got out there and ran the 4 miles,it was nowhere near as cold as I thought it was and by the time I finished my legs felt better than they had almost 24 hours earlier,I,ve said more than once that left to my own devices I,m my own worst enemy and today would,ve been a prime example of that,is this the corner I needed to turn?

No comments: