Thursday, October 2, 2008

Been A Long Time..........

I,m being cryptic again w/ my titles and as the author of this blog I,m ok w/ that,granted I could be referencing the fact tonite was my first 2x1,000m repeat in 14 weeks,I could be talking about the now off again rumours that Led Zep are going to tour next year,I could be relishing the fact Oasis tix go on sale tomorrow,I haven,t since "Manchester,s Finest" since 05 or I could be coy and say another factor in said equation is on a "that,s for me to know and for you to find out"level................who doesn,t love a good conspiracy?????????????????????????????????
To the track and the matter at hand,2x1,000m,conditions were idealic the kind you see in movies or read in books but seldom get to run in,clear skies no wind,mild evening,next to noboby on the track,I almost wanted to bottle that moment in time and keep it w/ me forever,I guess as long as my pc,s hard drive stays in tact I should be ok,long after my memory fades the evidence will still be on my pc and in cyber space.....
Buoyed by the conditions and emotions that of late have lifted me to a level of running and indead life I,ve seldom visited in recent years I began briskly 66 seconds for my opening 400m,I was aimimg for 70 seconds back to back to clock 2.10 at 800m,I clocked 2.18 thanks to a 72 second second lap,there was enough juice in the tank to produce a 31 second closing 200m to clock a 2.49.76 split,brisk was putting it mildly,on June 26th I went,70,71,32 to clock 2.53.31.
It was wishful thinking to believe I could match that on repeat#2,on June 26th I went69,72,29 to clock 2.50.96,tonite I could only muster 72,75,30 to clock 2.57.09.
Much like Tuesday nite I began well but the weeks of not doing these particular repeats came back to haunt me in the latter stages,that,s ok.........for now but rest assured over the coming weeks and months I,ll be striding and striving to get faster.

No comments: