Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Share The Wealth

After the physical and mental schlacking I took last nite it was nice to have an easy/recovery 5 mile run on tap this evening.
After reading my blog GP was quick to add his comments,basically in weather like last nite{of which there,ll be much more in the months to come}I need to make adjustments to counter act what the conditions are doing.
It was a fair comment,as "Dibble" prefaced his comments"it wasn,t a bollocking,just the benefits of 30 years of running experience"
Any time two runners can lend the benefit/benefits of their experience to a fellow runner it,s a good thing,last nite I ran into a good friend of mine from my road running days Rob Ferente,obviously since I turned my back on road running two years ago I don,t get to see the guys I used to duke it out w/ and hang out w/ on the road Grand Prix circuit.
Anyways we got chatting and Rob,s running his first ever New York Marathon in 10 days time,having ran it twice myself I was happy to pass on my experiences from my 90 and 03 New York Marathon to Rob and wished him luck.
I,m back on schedule for mile repeats again tomorrow,GP advised me to ease my way into them tomorrow,I,ll treat last nite as a learning curve and like any defeat I always look to learn something from them and do better next time out

No comments: