Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slow And Low,That Is the Tempo

Following two races in four days the key phrase today was"easy tiger"
GP has stressed the need for an easy run today w/ beaucoup emphasis on easy"run slow and remember however slow you,re running it,s probably too fast"he told me last nite.
Credit where credit,s due GP never baulked at me racing twice in four days,while not an ideal situation it was the hand we were dealt"run smart and listen to your body" was his advice prior to yesterdays race and I,d like to think I heeded such advice.
This evening I paid deliberate attention to my pace,always trying to keep it to a notch above the time honoured "soft shoe shuffle"having been sensible upto this point it would seem woefully wreckless to knawls it up now on an easy run.
It remains to be seen what,s on tap for tomorrow,I favour 4x1 mile repeats,GP may have other ideas,I feel a compromise is on the cards,prehaps 3x1 mile repeats,we,ll have to see what he suggests.

No comments: