Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall

October 1st,wow,I,m less than two weeks away from XC Masters Nationals, compiling a Halloween mix tape and getting ready for a month of 3 XC races,summer feels like it was a ways ago and in some respects it was,but once again as I don my philospheres cap, in running as in life,respect your past but don,t be a slave to it.
This evening dispite some rain I kept my appointed easy 5 miler around Clark Park,nothing a lite running jacket and a baseball cap couldn,t cure,XC season or not it,s important to retain the status quo that has thus far this year yeiled great results{respect your past}but if I,m to add my name to the GPTC XC club records I have to treat each day and each workout/recovery run w/ the same hunger that took me to my first pr/club record,granted the XC 6K became mine by default since it was the first time we,d raced that distance but w/ three races this month and the potential to add my name to three more XC club records I need to answer the call each and every day.
Tomorrow sees a return to the 2x1,000m repeats which like last nites 6x600m haven,t been conduted since the summer,June 26th to be exact,we,ll see what tomorrow yeilds.

No comments: