Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When The A Train Gets Derailed

It,s been a while since I,ve come to my blog w/ tales of woe from a workout but last nite was one of those nites,I can,t quite put my finger on why I could only register a meger 1/6 on my 6x600m at1.42,you,d have thought off of back to back rest days I,d be lit up like Manhatten but I wasn,t,maybe fatigue from a long season is creepin in?prehaps last weeks exploits are taking their toil??maybe it was just"one of those nites"???or maybe the chill wind that blew through Franklin Field last nite caught me off guard????
While reasons 1 thro 3 are all valid I can,t help but feel #4 had a great deal to do w/ it,it,s been a while since I,ve ran in conditions that brisk,I,d forgotten how cold and blustrey Franklin Field can be,and the wind coming off the turn at 300m was enough to stand you up in your tracks.
Things began well enough,67/33-1.40.68.I hoped I could maintain that pace,alas I couldn,t.
#2 72/33-1.45.35.that old chestnut of not being 100% focused from 200m thro 300m bit me in the arse again tonite,I,m hoping from tonite I,ll have 10 uninterupted weeks this year of 6x600m or 400m repeats to sharpen my speed heading into the indoor season I need that automatic focus to be inplace instead of having to remind myself to"focus,focus,focus"
#3 71/32=1.43.35,close,but close only counts in horseshoes,my focus left me at the 250m mark and dispite a valiant effort over the final 300m I came up a tad short.
#4 72/33-1.45.28.mentally the effort was there this time....however physically I felt I came up short,the "running against the wind"was taking it,s toil.....oh for an Easypass to avoid paying the Toils!!!!
#5 75/33-1.48.63.....CLUNK the sound of the wheels falling off,the fatigue issue was now foremost in my mind,that coupled w/ the wind.
#6 72/34-1.46.07.agh!!!the time honoured expression"arse,plate,served"struck me as appropriate...........and maybe the title of this entry,hey shit happens,in terms of peaks and troughs I,ve ridden far more peaks of late,I,ll take the standing eight count on this sucker and get "back in the ring to take another swing"Thursday,though I,m considering dropping down to 2x1,000m instead of 4x1 mile repeats.

No comments: