Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tales From The Cryptic One

Other titles I considered were "Doh","All That Gliters Is Not Gold","What Were You Thinking" and "When Are You Going To Ever Learn'' now b4 anybody jumps down my throat and says this is meant to be a running blog not a psudo "Dear Abby" blog I,m getting to the running it just that YET again life proved today like it often does that when you drop your guard for a split second you,re likely to get sucker punched.
My non running friends often ask how I do what what I do,the answer is simple,running for me is the easy part it,s all the other stuff,life on life,s terms that what I find hard,I thought it was meant to get easier as you got older,I guess not.
For a few day it felt like life was immitating art for me,suddenly life got a little too real and as is often the case reality set in,see that,s my problem,in running when I have a good day I enjoy it for that day and the next day it,s back to the start,in life I had a couple of good,dare I say exceptional days and suddenly I lost sight of things,I don,t allow that to happen w/ my running,I,ve often said in running I,m fortunate enough to have a coach,prehaps in life I need a life coach cos clearly left to my own devices I,m my own worst enemy,prior today I,d have felt compelled to make some pithy comment about pleases feel free to email me your resume so I can pick the best applicant for the job,however in lite of events over the past few days clearly I attract your average rent a loony/scam artist like a lite attracts a moth.
In closing I,ll say this much,my 5 mile recovery run this evening felt right on time,the sun is going to come up again tomorrow and hopefully the "karma police" are only going to issue me w/ a stern warning.
Life can beautiful,it can be a bitch,it can be easy ,it can be hard,is it too much to want the beautiful easy life......

I,ve got my feet on the street but I can,t stop flying,my head,s in the cloud but at least I,m trying"
"Shock Of The Lightning"
Oasis

No comments: