Thursday, October 23, 2008

Frequently Miling,Usually Smiling,Recently Beguiling

An old adage goes,when you get thrown from a horse,the best thing you can do is get back up there and try again,hence yours truly back at a not so cold and blustery Franklin Field this evening for my mile repeats.
After a knee jerk reaction post repeat on Tuesday I was ready,willing and able to take a crack at my 4x1 repeats,"Dibble"advised me to factor in the conditions tonite,mercifully they weren,t as brisk as Tuesday and following my stretches and mile warm up it was showtime.
#1 72,80,80,67-4.59.43.rule of thumb any mile repeat that kicks off w/ a 72 second opening lap tends to come up trumps for me,tonite was no different.
#2 74,76,77,72-4.59.78.stung into action by an opening lap of 74 I cranked out brisk back to back laps b4 easing up slightly over the final lap,while I could,ve been down on myself for not pushing harder on the final lap it wouldn,t take long to realize the benefit of not going full tilt.
#3 75,77,75,69-4.56.18.again a slightly slower opening lap that galvinized me into action over the next three,not only was I on for another4/4 sub 5 but also another in desending order.....all this on a week nite to boot,it,s one thing to pull that off on a weekend but on a week nite after a 9 hour work day?
#4 72,79,77,62-4.50.91.yeah baby!!!w/ that 72 second opener I,d set myself up nicely and I just felt a blistering final lap was on the cards,having ran economical pace all session I had the chops to crank a 62 second final lap and suddenly that 72 second final lap/4.59.78 #2 mile didn,t feel so bad afterall.
Confidence is a major inabler,had tonite gone tits up again it would,ve been hard to go into Sundays race w/ confidence to begin w/ but factor in it,s an 8k xc not a 5k xc and you could see where this might not bode well,but following tonites repeats,I,m ready to have at it.

No comments: