Monday, October 6, 2008

Keeping My Word

After last weeks less than stellar return to"The Death Zone"I was determined to improve upon my 2/6.
I was confident coming in I,d be better equipt this week than last week,my almost metronomic mile repeats on Saturday gave me confidence that I could get close to my required 68/34-1.42 splits per lap.
Conditions while not as ideal as the majority of last week were conducive to a good performance,albeit a little brisker than last Tuesday and Thursday when I began my workout close to 6.30pm
Repeat#1,67/34-1.41.67,an ideal start,if I could maintain that pace throughout I,d be golden,in order to do so I needed to be 100% focused,untill such a time when that becomes automatic I need to keep reminding myself of that fact.
#2, 70/31-1.41.58,if i,m 100% honest my focus was pulled off it,s square betweeen 200m and 300m,that one lapse almost cost me dearly.
Repeat#3 67/33-1.40.53,quite where that 67 second 400m came from I don,t know,I knew not to ease up too much over the closing 200m in order to conserve fuel,w/ hindsight I wish I could,ve eased down just a tad more.
Repeat#4 it would,ve been all to easy to run up the white flag now that I was ahead of last weeks tally but the seeds I sow tonite bare fruit weeks and months down the line.
72/32-1.44.78,I knew that 67 on the previous repeat was going to take it,s toll,sure it takes it toll tonite,but weeks from now I,ll be able to handle that,that said my reaction at the finish would,ve made Joe Kinnear blush....google Joe Kinnear,s foul mouth tirade at the press last Thursday if you want to understand that comment....
Repeat#5,71/34-1.45.37,under my old barrier of 1.45 I,d still be on pace but I want/have to keep moving forward and to do so means resetting the bar,don,t be surprized next spring if I,m not shooting for 1.40.
Repeat#6,72/30-1.42.82,when I clocked 72 seconds at 400m I knew I,d have to go some to make 1.42,it,s been a while since I,ve collapsed to the track at the end of my 600s,then again it,s been a while since I,ve ended the session{if ever}w/ a 30 second closing 200m.
A good nites work,an improvement on last weeks 2/6,here,s hoping for more of the same if not better in two weeks time when I next enter "The Death Zone"

No comments: