Sunday, October 5, 2008

Both Sides Of The Comfort Zone

A nice easy 5 mile recovery run to end the week and also round my weekly milage up to 30 miles.
I said this the last time it happened but it,s rare I get to run on a Sunday,this week was brought about since GP gave me back to back days off last Sunday and Monday and given I have two Sunday races coming up in the next three weeks today meant my comfort zone won,t feel too shaken up next Sunday in Greensboro and again two Sundays later at the NJ XC C,ships.
A more dramatic entry to my comfort zone was hitting a movie,it,d been over six months since I,d allowed myself that luxury,but it was well worth the wait to see"Nick And Norah,s Infinite Playlist''which I whole heartedly{albeit Savage Celtic Black Pagan heart that is!!!}recomend.
Sometimes it,s good to shake up ones routine,switching from my prefered Mon,Wed,Fri repeat rotation,having Sunday brunch and catching a matinee movie{less crowded,more fun....and a few $s cheaper}and then taking a casual stroll around Center City b4 heading home mid to late afternoon.
The whole shebang kicks off again tomorrow,6x600m repeats,4x1mile repeats Wed and then XC Masters C,ships next Sunday,outside the lines of running there,s alot going on also,hopefully someday and someday soon I,ll be able to divulge all or most of the details both good and not so good but for now I,ll leave you w/a lyrical snapshot,for the past few weeks "Sometime Around Midnite" by Airborne Toxic Event has felt like it,s not only lodged 24/7 in my brain but also provides a daily soundtrack to my life,if you have the chance check the song out,their debut self titled cd was discribed as "poetry you can dance to"don,t take my word for it,listen to it.
So that,s a movie and cd recomendation from yours truly....all part of my community service,should knock a few hours off,it ain,t easy being a Savage Celtic Black Hearted Pagan,but there,s a price to be paid for everything in life..........

And so there,s a change in your emotions when all of these memories come rushing like feral waves to your mind,of the curl of your bodies like two perfect circles entwined"

No comments: