Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

For all the talk of rain today I was able to conduct my easy 5 miler in glorious sunshine this evening.
It'd been a week since I last set foot{paw??}on the "Top Cat Bowl" and providing the heavens don't open over the weekend I see no reason to return there Monday for my 4x400m/2,400m repeat.
Four thoughts struck me regarding the fact today was Good Friday....and none of them to do w/ Peeps!!!.
As an Irish catholic obviously the significence of Good Friday means something from a religious stand point.
Easter Sunday 1970 holds major significence in my life,my parents had seperated a few weeks prior and I was reunited w/ my father outside of St Saviours catholic church following 10am mass that morning,it proved to be a turning point in the relationship between Kevin and Eileen.
1916 Easter Uprising,four men holed up in the Dublin GPO that lead to the formation of the Irish Free State..........Ireland.
Good Friday Peace Treaty 1998,11 years of cease fire and peace to Northern Ireland,long may that continue.
Ok history lesson over,tomorrow we go back to racing.

No comments: