Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time To Move On

Following my 4x400m relay yesterday afternoon I was promptly over to "The Top Cat Bowl"w/in minutes of returning home to crank out a 5 miler.
Given ''Dib" had suggested I limit my milage prior to Penn Relays I found myself at 20 miles for the week after my mile warm up prior to the 4x4, I now needed to make up 10 miles between yesterday and today to notch another 30 mile week.
I had several different ways of doing it 3 and 7,4 and 6 but 5 and 5 seemed more obvious,I was aware how hot it was going to get today b4 I ran last nite at 7pm and figured if I could "suck it up" last nite and crank out a 5 miler then it'd only need another 5 miler today.
If last nite was tough then it was worth it,dispite having to go out at 11am in near 80 degree heat I was able to do what I,ve done numerous times this year and take care of business over 5 miles.
If the week leading upto Penn Relays had been about thinking like a sprinter now post Penn Relays it was time to revert to 800m/miler mindset.
There's a 1,500m race to prepare for this Saturday followed by a Masters Mile the following Thursday,to that end I'm taking a rest day tomorrow b4 returning to the track Tuesday for repeats,it's safe to say the outdoor season has begun!

No comments: