Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Week That Was,The Week That Could Be

Any week that sees me log 30 miles is a good week even if I missed two days due to the rain and only managed two repeat workouts instead of three.
Having gotten up b4 8.30am to watch my beloved Spurs win 1.0 at home to Newcastle I was more than ready to hit the extended out and back 7 miler along Cobbs Creek come 10.40am.
I felt no ill effects from yesterdays mile repeats but also made sure to run w/in myself as I have a repeat workout on tap for tomorrow....weather permitting,frankly I'll be glad to see the back of April and the sodding "April Showers"
It's hard not to start thinking about Penn Relays this coming week,hard to believe this will be my fourth Penn Relays,Penn Relays are an event like no other so I dare say my weeks prep will be a little different than usual,of course the weather is going to dictate the early part of the week and my training but as it stands right now the conditions for Saturday look good.
In running,as is in life let's just take one day at a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Just a quick question. I have read on your blog where you mention "5 miles around the top cat bowl," from reading your description of the mile repeats it suddenly seamed like you were refering to a track rather than a park (which is what I had assumed). Do you do your easy 5 mile runs on a track?

Rob

kevin f forde said...

Rob,
when I do my easy 5 miler it's half a mile upto to the cinder track aka"The Top Cat Bowl"4 miles on the track and then half a mile back home.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Thanks brother. I was just wondering how you fight the boredom of so many laps on a track.

v/r

Rob

kevin f forde said...

Rob,
it,s tough that,s why anything longer than a 5 miler has to be an out and back along Cobbs Creek.
The problem w/ 4 miles on the track in a 5 miler is I have to keep a mental count of my laps where as on the out and back I can let my mind drift off,still considering I used to run marathons and have to run 10,12,14,16,18,20,22 mile runs 20 times around a cinder track seems easy even if I do have to count off each lap