Friday, April 3, 2009

The Rainbow Connection

More April showers again today,at one point I didn't think I'd even get my run in but by lunch time a delegate from the weather gods met w/ a delegate from the running and gods and I believe a deal was brokered to allow me to get my 5 mile recovery run in this evening.
Mid way through my 5 miler it began to ran....as the sun shone which meant a rainbow,and sure enough going down the back straight towards Cobbs Creek Parkway I saw a rainbow that stretched from Market St to Pine St,tempted as I was to go to the foot of said rainbow to look for a pot of gold I figured I'd wait till Lahti for my gold quest.....though said pot of gold might help pay my way there......
My decision to run at the "Top Cat Bowl" was as much recon for tomorrow,all the rain over the last few days has made the cinder track unrepeat worthy for tomorrow and maybe even Monday,the plan for the morning is to get up early and hit St Joes's to conduct my mile repeats even if it means passing up a live Spurs game at 7.45am,the things I'll do to forfill my dream of being a world champion this summer.

No comments: