Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm Tellin' Ya,It's Iron Maiden

I was tempted to open w/ the line"If it's Saturday It Must Be The Main Line" but since that won't ring true for the next two weeks..............
As I arrived at Lower Merion High School for a split second I though I was gonna be SOL for the track as I could see people in the bleachers{surely they weren't there to watch moi do mile repeats???}however dispite the Lacrosse game going on in the infield nobody seemed to object to runners on the track as I saw three other runners out there,ok then!
I did modify my start/finish to factor in said Lacrosse game,as a rule I use the traditional start/finish line,however w/ a slight overspill into lane 1 due to the benches up the home straight I elected to use the 200m start as my start/finish,if I was going to have "obstacles" to contend w/ and have to veer in and out of lanes I'd rather it be on the back straight than coming up to the finish,I realize that 400m is 400m wherever you start it from but sometimes you have to think things through first b4 going into battle.
#1,68,75,75,70-4.48.91.Yowzer!I hadn't planned to go out that hard but I was astute to realize coming thro 800m in2.23 and 1,200m in 3.38 that I needn't hammer the final lap,now were this mile#4 hell yeah but w/ three more on tap I quickly subscribed to the "less is more"mindset.
#2,71,77,79,72-4.59.35."Dib" and I had talked about how things would change once I got onto an all weather track compared to the "Chariots Of Fire"repeats on the cinders of the "Top Cat Bowl"
#3,73,80,80,71-5.04.76.W/ hindsight{a wonderful trait!!!}had I've opened in 4.58.91. and not 4.48.91. I'm confident I could've gone sub 5,I was begining to feel the briskness of that opening mile but then again it's only mid April,I've got May,June and July to get comfortable at a fast opening mile and holding onto it.
#4,77,80,81,69-5.07.58.That bastard 81 second third lap {which I hasten to add along w/ lap 4 saw me have to weave from lane 2 to lane 3 down the back straight}I almost had my first set of mile repeats w/ each split at 80 or under.
I couldn't be too upset I had put forth an honest effort,yet me being me opening w/ two sub 5 minute miles I was eyeing up at least three if not four,again it's mid April there is time a plenty for that.
I said on Thursday I couldn't put my finger on why I was able to produce the times that I did,I felt conditions,an all weather track and some Iron Maiden pre workout had been a factor,today was more of the same,however the fact I had a longer commute to Lower Merion than Franklin Field meant more Iron Maiden on ye olde ipod,if these times continue and get faster I feel "Dib" may insist that said Ipod is loaded w/ Iron Maiden when I fly to Finland in late July!!!
"I like all the mixed emotion and anger it brings out the animal,the power you can feel.
And feeling so high on this much adrenalin excited but scary to believe what we've become.
Saint and sinners,something w/in us,we are lord of the flies"
"Lord Of The Flies"
Iron Maiden

No comments: