Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seek And Destroy/Master Of Puppets

If I'm quoting Metallica that can only mean I'm in a bad mood....well I was earlier, amazing how a repeat workout took care of all that anger....
W/out getting all TMI re the work situation all I'll say is I'm seldom surprized at the utter lack of imput I'm asked to give on matters to do w/ running the loading dock....I've only been doing it for coming up on eight years and once again"executive decisions" were made re my job by people who've never worked on a loading dock,muchless ask either Chris or I if we have any thoughts on the matter,employee?I fell more like a friggin puppet...there I've vented now I can move on!
I was glad to be back training again,yesterdays rest day was all well and good but I wanted to be back at it period,also having spent most of last week in sprinter mode and mindset I needed to get back into miler mode and mindset,especially w/ a 1,500m race this Saturday and a mile next Thursday.
I opted for "The Top Cat Bowl" rather than trek down to Franklin Field,the prospect of potentially having to wait till 6pm to get on the track didn't sit well so it was off to TCB by 5pm,following the half mile jog over there and my mile warm up it was time for my 4x400m/2,400m repeat.
#1,64.08.right off the bat I got into my stride for sub 65 pace,now could I say there?
#2,62.28.a little quicker than I was looking for but last time out I went:64.84,62.34,62.00.62.96. so I wasn't too concerned,I felt I could maintain my sub 65 second pace.
#3,64.87.tonite was the first time I really noticed how uneven this track is,I'm sure it's always been uneven,why it took till tonite to notice is anyones guess?
#4,64.68.if I say so myself{and Dib would later agree}I was the model of consistancy on my 400s.
Following my 7 minute recovery it was into my 2,400m,again I was consistant,splits of:95,94,95,89,91 b4 the the grand finale of a final lap of 61.44.
Once again I'd manage to run the final lap of the 2,400m faster than the final 400 of my 4x4,job well done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kevin, andy elkan here. I was reading your blog and a couple of questions come to mind. First, who is Coach Dib, do you pay him for his coaching services? I may be in the market for a coach. I feel like I've hit a plateau and am not getting fast enough to run under a 4:30 mile. Also where are you running the mile next thursday? I've been looking for a mile to race...Feel free to shoot me an email at elkana@dickinson.edu

Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Andy

kevin f forde said...

Andy,good to hear from you.
"Dib"is Coach GP,I'll send you his email address if you want to get in touch w/ him.
Next Thursdays mile is in White Plains NY,I also have a 1,500m in Willmington this,I,ll email you the links or you can look them up on the home page of Chuck XC.