Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3,2,1.

No worries tonite getting onto Franklin Field....or having to get off by 6pm,although tonites workout was quick enough that I could've squeezed it in inside the 40 mins I had on Monday!!
Since being rushed was not an issue tonite I was able to stretch,do a mile warm up and a mile of strides b4 the actual repeat,2 sets of 300m,200m,100m.
My brief from "Dib" was "relax and speed"tonite was as much about turnover as anything,like any workout caution was the watch word so it was back to tights and long sleeved dri fit shirt,this was more of a sprinters repeat than a middle distance repeat so I wanted to make sure my muscles were protected.
"Dib" decided giving me actual splits was pointless"you'll run faster than them anyways"all he stressed was the need to relax but run at speed.
#1,43.30,28.96,15.75.coming off the bottom turn at 200m in the opening 300m I had to check my natural instinct to kick,and dispite this I still clocked 43.30.
I took 2 mins between the 300m and 200m and 1 minute between 200m and 100m.
#2,42.25,30.12,15.92.off of 4 mins recovery I was back at it again,fairly consistant w/ the first set,will confess to being mildly disappointed w/ the 30.12.200m but otherwise a good evenings work.
Another 7 mile out and back tomorrow to put me back on 30 mile pace for the week.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I like the workout, short and sweet, mind if I borrow it?, but I am looking at 3 sets
Thanks

kevin f forde said...

Be my guest,hope it was good to you!