Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Showers

What a difference a day makes,yesterday I got my butt handed to me at work and it was 62 degrees and sunny,today I was all done work by 12.30pm but it rained!
Since it was the proverbial "April Shower" I said to hell w/ it,threw on a baseball cap and jacket and conducted my 5 mile recovery run,I'd like to retain my Mon- Sat schedule and Tue,Thur,Sat rotation and it was only a shower,I wasn't risking life and limb in a noreaster.
I won't deny I was tempted to burn my rest day today on account of a stack of World Cup quallifiers but thought better of it,given how beaten up my legs felt earlier in the day I felt it was prudent to get the soreness out b4 tomorrows 3x1,000m,and besides I could always cop the highlites on Sky Sports News,Fox Soccer Report and 2010 Report.
For the record,England beat Ukraine 2.1,Scotland beat Iceland 2.1,N.Ireland beat Slovenia 1.0 and Ireland drew w/ Italy 1.1,we won,t know till October or November who's going to South Africa for next summers World Cup Finals but it's hard not to start thinking about it.
Closer to home tomorrows 3x1,000s but for now another look at Robbie Keane's 89th minute goal in Italy to earn us a vital point.....olay,olay,olay!!!

No comments: