Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's Been A While

I can't recall the last time I had ''one of those days"at work,as the title states"It's Been A While".
Rather than go all "TMI" on you I,ll say this much because it dictated my day and my workout I walked into a catalogue of cock ups at 6.30am and after sitting down to enter my invoices at 8am I never sat down again till 1.30pm and I knew I had the 4x400m/2,400m repeat on tap this evening.
I also broke out the shorts and tshirt this evening for the first time in eons,it struck me as funny as I laced up my racing flats after removing my warm up bottoms,my legs are holy ghost white,I know I joke about being pale,paddy and proud but dear lord I need to get some sun on my arms and legs in the next few weeks and months!!!
Despite fatigue and the knowledge there was an added 2,400m at the end of my 400s I told myself not to alter the way I approached the 4x400m and promptly opened w/ 61.76.
Proving it was no fluke I then clocked a 62.55. almost identical to my last 4x400m on St Paddy's Day when I opened in 61.42-62.33.
I was feeling the effects of my day on #3, a still respectable 65.52. b4 I suffered my slowest 400m since Feb 10th w/ a 68.70. a bum note to end the 400s on....but I still had a 2,400m to tackle.
''Dib" recommended a 6 to 10 minute recovery b4 the 2,400m,I took 8 minutes,his advice on the 2,400m was go out in 1.38 and hold onto that pace b4 caining the final lap,I had to laugh when he added"knowing you you,ll go out in 1.30".
Opening in 1.33 I then clocked splits of 1.34,1.35,1.29,1.30. b4 closing in 65,take away that 68 at the end of the 400s and it was a good workout,we,ll try again next week and hope my work day is a lot more forgiving.
"It's been a while since I could look at myself straight,it's been a while since I said I'm sorry
It's been a while since I've seen the way the candle lights your face,it's been a while but I can still remember just the way you taste"
''It's Been A While"
Staind

4 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

How much rest between the 400s?

kevin f forde said...

90.75.60

dinklesnaps said...

Wow! I'd probably need 3 times that amount of rest time! I'll give it a shot...soon.

kevin f forde said...

The first couple of times I did 4x4 w/ deminished recoveries it was tough but I got used to it.....and now coach has me doing the 2,400m w/ 8 min recovery afterwards....