Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snap Back To Reality

After a weekend of flitting between elite athlete and stranded airline passenger it was time to get back to what I do on a regular basis,loading dock foreman by day,runner by evening.
The key word today was caution...although I,m pretty sure GP meant that should apply only to my run,but hey why take chances eh???,hard work never killed anyone but why fly in the face of it.................Chris and Joanne will love reading that but they know I,m a goofball,a hardworking goofball and while it was hard to get back into that rhythm of working after an unexpected two days off it was important to get things back on a regular routine,both at work and in training.
Obviously the snow had seriously kyboshed the cinder track for repeats,it,ll probably be early next week b4 I,m able to use it for that,given Sunday is a race Friday would be the latest I could do repeats and frankly judging by the look of the track tonite that isn,t happening.
Having lost Monday spending it at Logan and yesterday as my recovery day not to mention being a tad ber I opted to hit 7 milers today,tomorrow,Friday and Saturday to give me 28 miles going into Sundays race,mile warm up,800m half mile cool down,bingo 30 miles for the week!
Having done an out and back along Cobbs Creek on Feb 14th I had a 6 mile route already and since I needed to scope out the track it was a half mile down there and back,7 miles.
I had no need to time the run period but also it was imperative to be safe,ergo no looking at my watch and looking at the ground to make sure conditions underfoot were kosher,as "Dib" had gone to great lenghts to point out last nite,"we,ve been real careful w/ everything upto now let,s not lose sight of that"....he,ll go far that boy!!!
I enjoyed tonite,s run,an out and back is rare,I liked the change of scenery,dispite the just above freezing temps the sun was out and there was no wind,unlike yesterday,that said it was ski hat,2 pairs of gloves,sweatshirt beneath my jacket and tights beneath my warm ups,as the mercury rises this week the layers will peel off.
Out and back in 53.45,I doubt I,ll time the rest of my runs I guess I just wanted to make sure the add on of out to the track and back b4 the 6 mile out back wouldn,t throw off the time I ran Feb 14th.
One down,three to go,for my runs,two to go for work.

No comments: