Monday, March 9, 2009

Back On Track

After yesterdays race,not to mention all the bruhahaa getting home or not as the case maybe I was delighted this evening was an easy 5 miler.
Also following last weeks days delay in Boston and subsequent loss of training due to the snow and the need to hit 4x 7 mile runs in order to stay on pace for a fourth week of 30 milers meant returning to the tried and tested 5 miler, upto and around the Cobbs Creek cinder track today.
I was pleased how "user friendly"the track was considering how bad it looked last Wednesday and hopefully the weather will cooperate w/ me for the remainder of this my final full week of prep b4 Indoor Nationals.
Having already given all praises due to my team mates yesterday at Eastern Regionals I,d also like to sing the praises to Derval O Rourke and Mary Cullen for winning bronze medals for Ireland this weekend at the European Indoor Athletic C,ships in Turin,heartfelt wishes go to Roisin McGettigan and the womens 4x400m relay for finishing 4th.
Well I,m about to make a rather large bowl of chicken and rice,scoff the lot,cop Footie Tonite and catch up on some much needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs,tomorrow a 4x4 repeats beckons,normal service is being resumed.

2 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

Kevin,

Great time. Congrats! How much recovery will you give yourself between 400s.

Delvin

kevin f forde said...

Delvin,nice job on the 4x8 Sunday,see you at Nationals.
On these 4x4,s my recoveries go 90,75,60,harsh I know but I did just run a 4.07 1,500m and 2.01.800m off the back of them.