Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pale,Paddy & Proud 09

Happy St Patrick's Day!
Not that I needed any extra incentive this evening but to have a repeat workout on St Paddy's Day and be it my last hard workout b4 Indoor Nationals was a script I could embrace.
Conditions were close to picture perfect this evening,the first of several dozen such evenings between now and October,asides from having my sleeves rolled up I also opted for my newer flats,it dawned on me Saturday that w/ the cinder track dry again I could wear my newer Saucony Killkenny yellow flats and not risk mud splashes all over them,weather better flats made for faster splits tonite remains to be seen.
#1,61.42.wow my fastest 400m split to date on these repeats,it felt comfortable but I knew not to leave it all on the track w/ three more to come.
#2,62.33.now my second fastest 400m split to date!In all honesty splits 1&2 had felt comfortable,last weeks combined time of 4.15 looked in danger this evening.
#3,64.41. at 200m I felt I had to dig in,if the opening two 400s had felt comfortable I won,t deny this one was a little bit harder work.
#4,65.61.at 150m I had a brief"you haven,t got it"thought,banished w/in a nano second by a"the feck I don,t"!!!
Granted I wasn,t as fluid or as powerful down the home straight on this 400m as say #1&#2 but I still clocked a 65.61.off of 60 seconds recovery.
4.12. for my combined 4 400s,my best to date,not that I,m lacking confidence going into Nationals but this was a timely boost to my beliefe that my pr of 4.28 will fall Saturday,I also believe a 60 second 400m is coming,once I get the first look for me to slowly work my way to 4x400m at 60 seconds each it,s coming,just like my first sub 5 mile came Saturday.
Well I,m off to see Solas at World Cafe Live and celebrate my heritage
Slanite.
"On the 4th of July eighteen hundred and six we set sail from the sweet cobh of Cork,we were sailing away w/ a cargo of bricks for the Grand City Hall in New York.
'Twas a wonderful craft she was rigged for and aft and oh how the wild wind drove her
She stood several blasts she had twenty seven masts and they called her The Irish Rover.
There was Barney McGee from the banks of the Lee there was Hogan from County Tyrone,There was Johnny McGurk who was scared stiff of work and a man from Westmeath called Malone.
There was Slugger O'Toole who was drunk as a rule,and Fightin Bill Treacy from Dover,and yer man Mick MacCann from the banks of the Bann was the skipper of The Irish Rover"
"The Irish Rover"
The Pogues And The Dubliners

No comments: