Monday, March 16, 2009

I Feel A Rant Coming On

Off of a rest day yesterday it was back into the swing of things today w/ an easy 5 miler,the key word being easy,tomorrow is my final 4x400 repeat b4 heading down to Landover this weekend.
Given the lunchtime from hell I endured I could be forgiven for not hammering it today,I knew better,tomorrow is when it counts,today was about being sensible.
And so to my rant,my trip to New York on Saturday to see The Saw Doctors{as the Guinness slogan goes..........''Brilliant"}spared me a Saturday in Philadelphia where it seemed the "masses"were hell bent on "getting their Irish up"
I,m sorry wearing a green t shirt and a green plastic hat does not make you Irish,and who was the gobshite who came up w/ the idea of"the running of the micks"I find this HUGELY offensive and feel the culprit should be dropped off on O Connell St Dublin tomorrow w/ a union jack and a "!@#% The Pope'' banner drapped off of him,harsh?yeah maybe but I,m tired of my Patron Saint,s holiday being turned into a drinking holiday period,muchless by ejits who,ve NEVER been to the "ould country",most couldn,t find Ireland on a map,or think Eire is another country altogether.
These same people hijack Mardi Gras,don beads and drink for the sake of it,what,s next,tying one on for Good Friday?
I,ve avoided going out on St Patrick,s Day because of these clowns for the past few years but tomorrow I,m heading to World Cafe Live to see Solas,where the emphasis will be on the music,not the drinking,and my final rant,who,s brianwave was feckin green beer?NO self respecting Irish man or woman would be caught dead drinking that shite.
"Oh it must seem so romantic when the fighting,s over there and they,re passing round the shamrock and you,re all filled up w/ tears.
For the love of dear old Ireland that you,ve never ever seen you throw in twenty dollars and sing wearing of the green.
Each dollar a bullet a bullet each victim,s someone's son and Americans kill Irishman as surely as if they fired the gun.
Now you,ve never stood on Belfast streets and heard the bombs explode or hid beneath the blanks when there,s riots down the road,no you,ve never had your best friend die or lost a favourite son,but you,ll stand there and tell us just what we,re doing wrong"
"Each Dollar A Bullet"
Stiff Little Fingers

No comments: