Saturday, March 7, 2009

Repeat After Me,Easy Tiger

My final out and back 7 miler at lunch time,it must be spring time if I,m able to run b4 noon,not something I could boast too often of late w/ the obvious exception of last week that was more travel schedule related than anything.
Keeping in mind a comment GP had once made re a recovery/easy run"however slow you,re running,is probably too fast"I made sure to keep things at a sedate pace.
The whole point of tomorrow,s race in New York is to go for a fast time,my sole 800m race this season came way back on Dec 21st,I have ran two 800s at The Armory this year but both came after 4.28/4.30 miles so it really does feel like my first 800m of the year and given my 2.03.01 may not be good enough to medal in Landover in a fortnites time you can see why I,m overlooking the Mid Atlantic/Eastern Regional C,ships at nearer to home Ursinus to hit the Mac C,ships at The Armory.
Tomorrow will be my swan song for The Armory till probably Jan.....but NOT my swan song for racing in New York City this year,I aim to be back as early as May at Ichan Stadium.
One final Armory/Mac C,ships footnote,my Armory debut came way back in March 06 at the Mac C,ships over 400m and 4x400m relay,I won my 400m heat and we finished 2nd in the relay giving me my first ever Mac C,ship medal....I,d like another tomorrow,and I,d also like a seasons best 800m split to go w/ it.

No comments: